No matter where you are in your publishing journey there is always something new to learn. And so many great sources to find information. I have another fantastic source of knowledge for you here today.
How is your week starting? Mine is starting really well. We’ve been running a Kindle giveaway to build our mailing list of readers – and it’s going very well. I’ll be writing up an article on it this week (promise!)
I modeled this competition on similar successful comps run by other indie authors.
In fact, much of our business is based on my learnings from other authors and mentors within the industry. I hope that you gain some of that value from us. Perhaps from one of our Indie Author Guides – and we’re always happy to learn from you too.
No matter where you are in your publishing journey there is always something new to learn.
For example – on one of my favourite podcasts the other day, an author mentioned that he sends his outline for his novels to his developmental editor. He considers it the most efficient (and cost effective) way to get the nuts and bolts of the plot assessed. Great idea right! I thought so. Chris, the editor in our tribe, was not as convinced, but willing to consider it.
What do you think? Either way – it’s amazing what you can learn from an expert in the field.
The 2020 Women in Publishing Summit
With that in mind, I’m very excited to share that I’m going to be a speaker again at this year’s Women in Publishing Summit! Woo hoo!
It’s an amazing six day online event featuring some of the most amazing women in the publishing industry – and registration is free. How amazing is that!
My session will be on Day 3 of the Summit, on the 4 March. I’m a speaker on the Publishers Panel – a great one for anyone looking different routes to publishing. (Make sure you bookmark that one.)
The Schedule of the Women in Publishing Summit
- Day 1: The Big Picture for Your Book
- Day 2: Your Path to Publishing Success + Mindset
- Day 3: Production, Distribution, Legal - Editing, Design, Taxes, Copyright, etc
- Day 4: Book Launch Strategies, Marketing, Marketing and more Marketing
- Day 5: Tools and Resources for Writing, Publishing, and Marketing Your Book
There are over 60 speakers including:
- Chandra Brooks → Activist, Author, Voice for Empowerment of Women
- Eva Natiello → NY Times best-selling author of The Memory Box
- Alinka Rutkowska → founder of LibraryBub, USA Today Best Seller and extraordinary author-preneur
- Kate Butler → mutliple-time best-selling author and co-speaker with Jack Cannfield
- Amy Collins → 26 year veteran of book sales and distribution, founder and CEO New Shelves
- Helen Sedwick→ lawyer, author, go-to legal expert for indie authors
- Roshanda Pratt → former TV producer and current marketing expert
Remember, this event is FREE to register for but only for a limited time. The videos will be available for 48 hours and then will be only available through the All Access Pass.
Can’t wait to see you there!