The holiday season is an important time for indie authors and we have some important IngramSpark deadline updates for Christmas book orders.
This year has been a whirlwind of highs and lows and most of us have had to adapt as our lives have been turned on their heads. Thanks a bunch COVID! However, normality appears to be on the horizon and with that, we’re looking forward to spending the holiday season with our families and friends. For indie authors, the Christmas period can be our biggest sales opportunity, but only if you get prepared early.
If you're too late with your Christmas book orders, then you won't get your copies in time for Santa. And thanks to COVID's impact on delivery times, 2021 is different to previous years.
Chrismas book order supply chain issues
COVID-19 has wreaked havoc on the publishing industry supply chain. The sudden boom in online shopping and extra safety measures have considerably slowed suppliers and shipping services. There are also ongoing workers strikes and disruptions across global supply networks, too. Just recently, it was announced that United States Postal Service (USPS) had suspended its deliveries to Australia due to a lack of transportation.
Recommended Christmas book order dates from IngramSpark
Indie authors take note. If you plan on placing orders for your books through IngramSpark for the Christmas holidays, make sure to plan ahead this year. Otherwise your books will not be available for readers in time for Christmas.
Here are the recommended order dates from IngramSpark:
Order by November 5, 2021, for Paperback and Hardcover.
Australia and United Kingdom
Order by November 19, 2021, for Paperback and Hardcover.
Current IngramSpark U.S. turnaround times for print orders
Please review the latest updates when placing your orders from IngramSpark as these times are subject to change. Anticipate delays to last from November through to January.
- U.S. Economy orders for 70# paperback books are estimated to print in 20 business days.
- U.S. Economy orders for 70# hardcover books are estimated to print in 25 business days.
- U.S. Economy orders for all other paperback book formats are estimated to print in 10 business days.
- U.S. Economy orders for all other hardcover book formats are estimated to print in 15 business days.
- Rush and Express service levels are temporarily unavailable.
Reminders when ordering through IngramSpark
- Ensure your titles are in a printable format and approved for production before placing your order. If you are unsure or if you need help preparing your files, we can help. You can look up our design services or email us with your concerns.
- After your order has been placed, your order status can be checked from your account’s order page.
- Check with your mail carrier for their latest estimated shipping times when considering shipping methods as they will vary.
- If you want to have a digital version of your book live as well, we specialise in print to eBook conversions of children's books. You can email us or book in a free chat.